Friday, June 20, 2008

Humans.....God's mistake for sure!

Yesterday, my wife and daughter visited the Mysore zoo and more than anything else I was extremely excited about my 2 year old seeing a variety of fauna for the first time in her life. It all went well till the time I was driving back to collect them from the zoo. Suddenly a thought occurred to me that what if we humans were not so lucky and the animals were lucky enough to get us caged and keep in the zoo! It just sounded so cruel..........I realised that how selfish we humans are! Just for the pleasure of our eyes, we shamelessly execute our superiority on the other species!
I think this concept of zoo is wrong and cruel to say the least. We need to respect the other not-so-lucky creations of God and give them their due. After all their only fault is that they were not the chosen ones to be born as a human being .... probably a creation which even God must be regretting after having created it!
I think my 2 year toddler seems to more intelligent than I thought her to be because the whole tour did nothing to amuse her ...... and it took me 33 years of my life to realise that it was really nothing to be amused about.... rather it is a mistake which we should correct...and the earlier the better!

No comments: