Monday, November 10, 2008

Delhi........ no more the same!

The weather in Delhi is getting chillier by the day and the warmth of the sun is more craved for and appreciated now. I hope the cooler temperature also cools down the temperature of the people residing in the capital who are always on the edge. I have seen Delhi change in front of my eyes and this has not been only with respect to the development of the city with the metro and flyovers pouring in but also the behaviour of the people.
In my last stay here which was almost 6 years ago, this city was really a different place. Not just was it less crowded, it was also more tolerant. People were more friendly and life here seemed more livable.I guess time and times have both taken their toll on this city. In fact, its just the reflection of the state that we are in........ financially, socially and mentally!
I just hope that the people and the times iron out the pain and stress........a wish I guess is too much to fathom for the capital!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well, wasn't dilli (like me and my friends call it) always like that....unfriendly and intolerent...wasn't dilli always on the edge, more interested in the neighbour's life than its own....??
however, having said that, I cannot deny its charms, its romance...wide green roads, beautiful gardens (when was the last time I saw one in Mumbai?)and the spine chilling winters....love it all!!